Thursday 11 December 2008

The Red Cross to the rescue











Just to grab your attention - I actually just met with Danny Croucher at The Red Cross who was very helpful in answering every single question I had prepared in my research! Thanks Danny and sorry I forgot to take your photo!


Kathleen Vella from the Youth Mentoring Network also was incredibly helpful and introduced me to Caron Rooks who runs an e-mentoring program for The Smith Family which has showed higher levels of satisfaction amongst young people in the last year's survey than other programs that include face to face mentoring.


I also had time to fit in another quick bike tour round the city and went on to meet Julie Easy from Mission Australia who runs a coaching program called Elevate, linking young people who need help with employability and leadership skills with corporate coaches. A fellow Brit - we had plenty to talk about over a bite to eat - this project is not good for the wasitline!




No comments: